7.11.2011

Sangria a la 2011

The other night, while gathering at a friend's house we made a pitcher of impromptu Sangria.  I had never made it before and since have made a few batches so I thought I would share just so I can remember next summer when I forget :-)

Sangria (the summer 2011 version)
From the Addingtons

1 bottle white wine (we used cheap stuff)
2 shots blackbery brandy
2 shots peach schnapps
2 Tablespoons sugar
Fresh cut lemon slices
Fresh or frozen peaches
Fresh or frozen berries

*Mix everything in a pitcher with ice and chill for a few hours (if possible)
*Serve over ice


Since making this, I saw an article in a magazine on sangria and found that it can be made up of any wine, white or red, and the fruit and liquer can vary.  My guess is that you should trial and error your own recipe until you get a version you like.

No comments: