7.09.2011

July Fourth

I don't have any photos from Fourth of July this year.  I'm okay with it as long as I get a few of them in their attire before the month is over. We'll see.

We were very low key.  Swimming, BBQ, and a few fireworks in the street.  Simple and basic and just the way I like the holiday! 

After the business of June this year, I wasn't prepared for much hoopla.  I do however want to want to make it a priority to plan a little hoopla for next year. 

We did watch the 12 part documentary America: The Story of Us  the week before so I was definitely feeling pretty patriotic.  If you haven't read much recently about the revolution and why we celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independance, I would strongly suggest doing so.  Knowing why we do things the way we do is so, so important to our life as a US citizen.

Happy Birthday America! 

No comments: